Monday, August 9, 2010

Quilt, interrupted

This past weekend, my oldest and dearest friend announced she’s getting married, and she asked me if I would make her a quilt. Well, yes! Yes, I will. (Do I like to make quilts? Do fish swim?)

I worked on it in a happy fever, and was quilting away, nearing the finish line, when this happened:

010

That’s right, that’s the innards of my Bernina sewing machine. There is something so wrong with this machine that my husband, who is an Electrical Engineer and a PhD candidate in Microsystems Engineering, cannot fix it. So the Bernina is back in the hospital for it’s second major mechanical repair in the past year, and I was forced to think of something else to do.

015

When in doubt, sit on the porch and knit. Ahhh, that’s better.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! (I'll try this again, I don't think I was signed in properly the first time, but if this shows up twice you'll know why!)
    Is that a Granny Square afghan I see in your pic? I have been obsessed with them lately and want to learn how to crochet so I can make one! I have been reading your blog lately also, and have enjoyed your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca!

    It's a granny square pillow cover, actually, but my little house is chock full of granny afghans. I do most highly recommend them, and now that we're talking about it, I kinda want to make another...oh my, I love them. :) If you want some serious inspiration, as well as some easy to follow tutorials, check out Attic24 (link in my sidebar) and explore her blog. She'll show you how!

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete