Monday, August 30, 2010

Slipcover

010

I bought an ugly vinyl footstool at the Goodwill, and a delicious chenille bedspread at a garage sale. I think they were made for each other! Here’s what it looked like before:

005

I did kind of like that pea green color, but it wasn’t doing the chair any favors.

I’m always a little bit reluctant to use a fantastic bit of vintage something or other, because then it’s gone, you know? It’s used up. I’ve had that bedspread for about seven years, and have been nurturing a fantasy of a seaside cottage, and an upstairs bedroom with dormers facing the water, and two metal twin beds, maybe with faux wood grain, and shiny plank floors, a mirror edged with shells, and mismatched chenille bedspreads. The curtains are blowing gently.

Goodness, when I put it that way…

Well, I guess this is nice too.

006

4 comments:

  1. You are SO totally and endlessly my hero. That slipcover just plain ROCKS!!! I love it! WORK IT SISTAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You commented! Yaaayy! Thanks, honey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely slipcover! come to the slipcover linky party tomorrow and link it up! did you make that quilt in your header pic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did make the quilt, yep. There's a slipcover linky party? I didn't know that!

    I'm so terrible at slipcovers. I want to do the chairs too, but I know it'll never look good. I'm coming over there to check you guys out--maybe you can finally teach me!

    ReplyDelete