Thursday, September 9, 2010

Another patchwork blanket

crochet 004

I have decided this patchwork blanket is finished. I meant to add a white border with a little picot edge, a la the original, but I couldn’t pick up stitches along the side edges without it looking wonky, so I opted to leave it this way. I like it. It is also considerably smaller than I usually like a blanket to be, but I think this will be lovely to have on the end of the bed when my feet are cold.

crochet 001

This is 100% a scrap quilt. Everything you see there is leftover from something else I made, and I love that about it. I used all worsted weight yarns and a 3.75 mm hook. I also love that it completely matches the quilt underneath it.

crochet 006

It matches it so well it’s practically camoflage! You can hardly see it there. I did not expect that. Nor did I expect that most of my craftiness lately would involve so much brown and burnt orange.

I used dottie angel’s method for joining the squares as I went along, thus avoiding the odious task of sewing them all together later.

crochet 007

That’s cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment