Monday, September 20, 2010

Baby knitting

knitting 009

My friends are having a baby, so I made them these booties. Aren’t they dear? You can’t believe how tiny they are.

knitting 010

My friends don’t know whether their baby will be a boy or a girl, so I tried to choose colors that will work either way. They’re so dang cute, I’d wear them myself! The pattern is by Saartje de Bruijn, and the yarn is KnitPicks Comfy in sportweight, leftover from the gypsy pillow cover. I used size 2 straight needles, and they took almost no time at all. Don’t you love the vintage buttons? They’re sewn on very tightly, I assure you.

As cute as they are, they make a pretty small gift, so I went ahead and did this, too:

knitting 019

I know, right? This little bun is about the cutest thing ever. The pattern is by Marion Edmonds, from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson, and the yarn is Jo Sharp DK cotton, held double. I used US size 6 needles.

knitting 018

He reclines against the gypsy pillow. Don’t smush the pillow, Mr. Bun!

knitting 020

He gazes pensively out the window.

knitting 025

How about a nap? I’ll be here when you get sleepy!

knitting 028

Nighty night!

3 comments:

  1. I think I just ovulated! OMG! Those are the cutest things I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Baby shoes will do that to a girl, won't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want want want <3
    You might want to hide that from me when I come home. I might take it.
    The bunny, not the baby shoes. I have no need for those.

    ReplyDelete