Monday, November 29, 2010

Monogrammed handkerchiefs

It’s Christmas time, it’s Christmas time! I love Christmas time, and I love to make handmade gifts for people. You all can keep your Black Friday doorbuster deals, I would much rather sit here beside the fire with my needle and thread.

024

This post comes to you from Santa’s workshop, where I am busy every day making things I can’t really show you yet.

025

I don’t think my uncle is reading this, though, so here are the monogrammed handkerchiefs he is getting for Christmas. I am an old-fashioned girl, and I love it when a man has a clean, well-pressed handkerchief in his pocket, useful for all manner of things.

These were fairly easy to make—I bought the handkerchiefs at a department store where I enjoyed a brief interlude of imagining a time when there was a men’s handkerchief department in Macy’s, along with a clerk who specialized in men’s handkerchiefs, and a women’s glove department, and so on. I am so glad you can still buy a package of men’s handkerchiefs, and I only wish that you could still also buy those pre-printed pillowcases with the crochet-able edges in that soft, soft cotton muslin that they don’t even make anymore, no matter how much money you’re willing to spend. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. What lovely handkerchiefs! It's nice to see others out in the world who still appreciate "old fashioned things", even though they will forever be classy. (:
    Anyways, I was looking around on google for reference photos on monogramming handkerchiefs, with Valentines day coming up and all, and interestingly enough I bought the same set of handkerchiefs from Fred Meyers. Not only that, but the person who is recieving has the same first initial! Crazy right? xD
    Well that's all I had to say on that and also you have a lovely blog. :D
    Good luck on your future projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, Olivia! I love old-fashioned things. :)

    ReplyDelete