Thursday, December 9, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

pirates, christmas 024

It’s hectic here in the workshop, as I frantically try to get everything wrapped and shipped, having had the sudden revelation last night as I was about to drop away to sleep that there are but two short weeks left until the Big Holiday and most of what I’m giving has to find its way through the mail service to its intended recipient.

Also, we have this:

pirates, christmas 025

which is beautiful, but which causes life to be considerably less convenient. It does put me in the mood for Christmas, though. Cocoa, anyone? Here’s my favorite cocoa recipe, adapted from The Pooh Cook Book by Virginia H. Ellison:

Honey Hot Chocolate for a Very Blusterous Day Outside

Simmer and stir the following together for two minutes, until smooth:

1/4 c whole milk

1 pinch salt

1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa (I use Ghiradelli 100% cocoa squares)

Now add:

1 Tablespoon honey

3/4 cup milk

Heat, but do not boil. Add delicious toppings of your choice, like whipped cream, cinnamon, or marshmallows. Mmmmm!

pirates, christmas 026

No comments:

Post a Comment