Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Living the Good Life

kitchen shelf 6656a

We are in the (continuous, ongoing, neverending) process of trying to spruce up an old house. Mind you, we have lived in this poor old house since 1991, and the baby that learned to crawl on these beat-up floors has gone away to college now. No excuses! The main problem is that I am always changing my mind, pressing my sainted husband into service with a hammer and paintbrush, and we have had this kitchen four different ways (at least) since we moved in. At one point--I hesitate to tell you this--it was hot pink.

This little shelf of pretty things is over my stove, and I love, love, love the way it looks. It’s just one small corner in an otherwise chaotic life, but it’s good, so good, to be busy and to have the dog happy to see me, and to have places to go and things to do, dinner to cook, school events to attend, gardens to plant. I can rest my eye on this little shelf as I dash out the door, spilling my coffee and leaving a trail of craziness in my wake.

To see more Good Lives in action, visit Sarah at A Beach Cottage:



Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays

5 comments:

  1. Hello, I have the honor of being your "linky" neighbor over at Sarah's Wednesday party. What a pretty shelf, I love what you did, and everyone needs a little corner amidst the chaotic weekly pace. Good for you, and you can enjoy it whilst cooking. Have a Wonderful Wednesday, xoxo tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty shelf! It's nice to have such a focal point whilst rushing out the door! ::Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you on Beach Cottage's Wednesday Party - I was right behind you!

    I love your little space for your pretty things - its a great way to display your favorites! I am a huge fan of enjoying and using all your tchochkies daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen - your shelf is just beautiful! I'll bet you have a smile on your face every time you're standing at your stove. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for visiting! I do love my shelf full of pretties--it is just far enough away from the traffic patterns that nobody puts their keys or iPods or gum wrappers anywhere near it, and it stays nice. One place in the house, that's all I ask! ;) I hope you'll come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete