Thursday, February 24, 2011

Embroidered Button Pendant

100_6972

I told you I wasn’t quite through making these. I can think of twenty other things I’d like to do with a covered button, just right off the top of my head, right now. This one is a 1” diameter flat cover-your-own button (mine was vintage, but you can still get these in the fabric store.) I covered it with a scrap of oatmeal linen and stitched this little flower. The cord is a piece of 1/8” sheer organza ribbon—I glued a clasp on it and everything, but for the next one, I’m thinking of just leaving it longer and tying it.

100_6970a

Gosh, a girl could just go on and on. The blue one at the bottom is a little corner of a very precious piece of vintage cotton that I am pretty hesitant about using up.

100_6970a

It seems to me you could have a different one of these for every day of the week!

7 comments:

  1. ,,,oooooh me likey,,,this gal who can't sew a stitch to save her life thinks you should open up a shop and sell these "stinkin' cute" items that you produce,,,"sold" to the gal living in maryland if you "sew" and so decide,,,(smile)
    ,,,last evening spent a bit of time reading your former posts, you're a very talented individual, i love that you make these great pieces out of a simple idea, i salivate over your beautiful quilts and those slippers, oh my, they are something wonderful,,,too bad for me you're not my neighbor next door,,,(smile),,,oh happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! You just made my day. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I love the k one! Super cute..I bet you are going to get tons of compliments on these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely! So pretty!
    Just found your lovely blog so am going to have a little browse around your older blogs now, i hope you dont mind!!

    Best Wishes
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these - so delicate and pretty. Can you say where you got the clasps from to glue on? I'd love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sitting here with my cup of tea having a lovely read through your beautiful blog, and I am absolutely blown away by your creativity and talent. Every post I read is inspiring me!! I feel like a bit of a groupie now - I've left too many comments!! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete