Monday, February 14, 2011

I love pompoms

I tell you what, these things are a little bit addictive.

100_6930a

For years, I’ve been laboring under the delusion that the pompoms you make by wrapping yarn around a little piece of cardboard are good enough, thank you, and that I know how to do these things, heck, I’ve been making pompoms since 1973, right? Putting them on my ice skates (you did that, too, I’m sure) and thinking my pompoms were just fine.

I see the light! I see it! I got me a little set of two pompom makers (the pink and yellow one, made by Clover) and hoo, boy! I sat down with my scrap basket and just could not stop. The possibilities are endlessly interesting, and you can use up the teeniest little bit of some precious yarn you can’t stand to throw away. These are some superior pompoms, full and fluffy and totally awesome.

100_6929a

I can already see my Christmas tree next year…it’s not too early to start thinking about Christmas, is it?

100_6933a

4 comments:

  1. Oh fun! I just made my first poms for some knitted slippers I made for my Nana for Chrismtas! I was wanting to make more though, for adding to my crocheted coat hangers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ,,,(((love))) i think i shall try my hand at making "pom-poms", how sweet they are and you have inspired me for a simple but really cute ornament for my christmas tree,,,nay, it's never too late to begin the planning process for christmas,,,i do adore the "heart" made out of these sweet, yarn left-overs very spot-on for the day,,,happy heart day!,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo love the pom poms makes me want to go make some right now! Happy Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, thank you for the lovely comment, it's great to meet you. I've been wondering whether to buy one of those pom pom makers for a while. You have now confirmed that I do, in fact, need one.
    Much love x

    ReplyDelete