Friday, February 4, 2011

Simple crochet slippers

100_6813a When I see a project somewhere, in a book or on someone’s blog, and I have all the stuff already, all the supplies are just sitting right here in the studio with me, well. I just can’t resist that.

100_6810a

I think, I could just make that right now, right this minute! Yes, I don’t have to make dinner, we can get a pizza! Yessss! I just push all the piles of half finished projects to one side and dig right in, and it’s kinda like getting something for free.

100_6815a

If I can turn that little ball of string and those scraps left over from something else into these cute slippers right here, well, I am just about possessed with the impulse to go ahead and do it.

100_6808a

I got both slippers out of one skein of Araucania Nature Cotton (105 yards, 100g) , and had a little bit left over. The little pink edge is a tiny shred of KnitPicks Comfy (or maybe Shine—the label is long gone) and the flower is made of scraps from my Denyse Schmidt Hope Valley haul. To make them, I used Blair’s fantastic tutorial, found here. These flowers are so dang cute I want to sew one to everything I have! I think a different one for each coat and purse isn’t too many, don’t you agree?

100_6816a

There’s so much to love about these little cuties. More pairs coming, I think, as I search my stash for cotton yarn. Yes, I think many more pairs.

The pattern came from Simple Crochet by Erika Knight. I am surprising myself so much lately by crocheting things that aren’t blankets. Who knew I could decipher those instructions?

100_6822a

Hey, did you notice my new rug? Somebody around here thinks it’s hers…

4 comments:

  1. Adorable everything: Turkish Slippers, new rug, dog.
    I saw the slippers on i crochet and realized, Hey, I have that book too!

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to make those CUTE slippers! I have the book also but it looks like the pattern calls for doubling the yarn (I've not done this before) and says to get four 50g balls. wow that seems like a lot for my size 6 1/2 feet. Did you double your yarn? By the way, love the pink trim on white. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rug (and the slippers) in fact I love your blog..... would you mind telling me where you got the rug from?

    ReplyDelete