Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine’s Day Garland

100_6878a

This room is absolutely drenched in sunlight right now, and it is so gorgeous. I’m hopeless at taking a good picture of it, or even of anything else in the room while it’s here, but it’s so golden and beautiful. This, if you can believe it, is the least blurry of all the shots I took. Maybe the room is full of fairies?

I was all fired up last night and couldn’t sleep, so I hunted around for some red and pink yarn and made this sweet Valentine’s Day decoration. These are all over the internet, with good reason, because they are completely clever and easy. Although I will say I didn’t totally figure out what the heck I was doing until about heart number 7, but that’s just because I’m kind of a newbie at reading the crochet instructions. I don’t know things like which stitch is the “next” one? Like that. I know.

100_6889a

I’m still a little blown away by how gauzy and dreamy it looks in here right now. This is weird for New York in February. We are accustomed to dull gray skies and dirty piles of snow by now, but this light is just beautiful. Right, anyway. The pattern is here. I used leftover Cascade 220 in that groovy red lipstick color, and a ball of some kind of insane pink acrylic/Kevlar yarn that I bought at the crafty thrift store. That pink yarn is so hearty and firm I don’t think an arrow could pierce it. It is very, um, durable. These pink hearts will last ten thousand years, so it’s a good thing they’re cute.

3 comments:

  1. Love the bunting. Love the sunny day. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ,,,simply adorable,,,wish i were as talented!,,,

    ReplyDelete