Wednesday, February 9, 2011

You’re Never Too Old

100_6851a

A few months ago, I knit a little white bunny for a friend’s baby shower, and my daughter, who is nineteen years old, said she would like to have one, too.  Well, I can’t say no to that!  I just love it so much when one of my kids admires what I do and wants me to make something for them.   But I had already made the bunny once, and was finding it hard to get motivated to do it again.  In the meantime, she took up her own knitting, and I kind of wondered if she wouldn’t just make her own bunny, but she focused on scarves instead, and continued to ask me whether I’d made her bunny yet. 

100_6848a

I kept putting it off, until Alicia Paulson posted this a few days ago, and all of a sudden, I got excited about knitting a bunny again.  This one has movable arms and legs!  I love that an absurd amount.  I used Manos del Uruguay Wool Classica from the stash (sorry, as usual the label is gone, so I don’t know what color this is.)  His vest is knit from some leftover alpaca.

100_6843a

The very clever pattern is by Barbara Prime at Fuzzy Mitten.  You can knit jackets and dresses for the bunnies, too, and I already feel like making another bunny, for myself this time, and knit it a whole wardrobe of cute things, little bunny clothes with embroidered roses and cables and maybe a teeny scarf, too.  In fact, I already dug the yarn out of the cupboard.  It’s a nice, soft gray.  The next bunny will be a girl.  (Uh oh, I can see where this is going.  You know how bunnies can be.)

100_6849b

2 comments: