Saturday, March 12, 2011

Crocheted Stash Basket

100_7127a

This is the Crocheted Stash Basket from The Purl Bee (pattern here.) Yet another one of those times when I had other plans but had my head turned by temptation. Sara blogged about it yesterday, and when I saw that photo, I was a goner. Those lovely ladies at Purl really know what they’re doing!

100_7124a

At first, I thought, Stash basket? Yeah right—have you seen my stash? But you can see there. That’s a lot of yarn. it is hardly the whole stash, but it is quite a bit.

The quest for containers to hold all the clutter is an ongoing one around here, and if I can turn some of the clutter into a container, so much the better! That’s a win/win, right there. Purl Bee suggests a rustic silk yarn, which will make the end result look like a basket, but I used two big balls of ecru dishcloth cotton, which looks baskety enough for me.

8 comments:

  1. Kristen, I cannot believe you made that in a day!Just popped over to Saras blog, it is a lovely basket and so is yours - I can see why you were inspired!!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gill! After I saw the photo from Purl Bee, with all those sherbet-colored yarns tumbling around, oh gosh, I went crazy. I just dropped everything and grabbed the hook. Of course, now my wrist is aching, yikes! Gotta lay off the crochet for today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this bag - Thanks for sharing the pattern.. maybe this will motivate me to do some spring cleaning in my studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. My list of things-to-make is growing too long thanks to Kristen ; ) and the Purl Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, you guys. Thanks, so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice choice! I have seen this pattern turning up a lot lately. I may just need to make one, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks great! I've got the pattern finally printed out to start today! It's been on my to-do list for far too long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love, love, love it! I can't wait to have one of these. They are perfect! Thanks so much for sharing a link to Tangled Happy.

    ReplyDelete