Saturday, March 26, 2011

Feeling the Granny Square Love

100_7285a

I have got the Granny Square love, got it bad. I have even contemplated making a granny square halter top. For myself. I am forty-two years old. I’m sure someone around here will stop me before that happens, at least I hope they will…

100_7290a

I think they’re so beautiful.

100_7293a

There are 20 squares here, and I’m aiming for 48, unless the yarn runs out. Then I will work one more round on each, in blue, joining as I go. It kind of feels like it’s going too quickly, and before I know it, this blanket will be done and then I won’t be working on granny squares anymore, which would be wrong and terrible.

100_7286a

Oh Granny, I love love love you.

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what the final product will look like..! I love the top square in the bottom picture. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny-tastic!!!! They do look gorgeous. Re halter neck...go for it but it may need to be lined unless you intend being very, very risque!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how beautiful... I love granny squares to..
    I cann't stop making them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your granny squares! They are totally addictive aren't they? I can't wait to see your 'ta-da' post when they're finished! Have a fab week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm almost 48 and I wouldn't mind having a halter top made of these squares either... go for it!
    They are beautifull!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those grannies! Let me be the bad influence that says "Go for it!" and make that granny halter. I'm 41 and would wear it in a heart beat. That pattern is too cute not to make(and wear)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are all so great! I will make the halter (with a lining, good idea, Andrea) and wear it with pride. Yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! I love the way they all blend without being uniform. Beautiful.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete