Monday, March 28, 2011

Granny Mandala Potholder, rainbow version

100_7320a

On Saturday night, I found myself with a quiet, empty house, so I took advantage of the boy-free environment and hooked this Granny Mandala Potholder while watching the always fantastic Waking Ned Devine. That skinny old guy naked on the motorcycle makes me laugh until it aches. I love that movie so much, and I love how spending two hours listening to the brogue in their speech will let it leak into my own for awhile, and I’ll sound Irish, too. Now I want to go and get The Full Monty and re-watch that while making another potholder.

Are potholders the new blanket around here? Will I crochet potholders until my potholder drawer is bulging and unwieldy and ridiculous? Will I gift my family and friends with a hundred potholders until they beg me to stop? I think maybe, yes. Dear Alice, you inspire me.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kirsten,

    Lovely blog !

    I'm gonna 'follow' you....

    Greetings from Belgium

    Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have exactly the same reaction to Waking Ned Divine -- that is one of my favorite movie scenes! I recommend to you War of the Buttons. It is very difficult to find but it's another great Irish movie. Inspired by your blog -- right now I'm just browsing through your crochet :)

    Angela in Texas

    ReplyDelete