Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mandala Potholder

100_7139a

A potholder is, somehow, a pretty satisfying thing to make. It only takes a couple hours, it uses up (again with this?) your scraps, and then it gives you a big thrill when you see it, all colorful and fancy-looking, sitting there on your table. It also keeps you from getting burned, which is a nice bonus.

This is, of course, the fabled Mandala Potholder by Crochet with Raymond, and which incorporates the African Flower Pattern devised by Lounette Fourie and Anita Rossouw. If you haven’t made one of these yet, and I’m sure you have because I think I’m the last one on the boat here, you should do so, immediately. They’re pretty fun, and it only took two episodes of The Middle and one episode of Modern Family to get it done.

100_7144a

I realize it’s going to get wrecked as soon as someone uses it, but that isn’t bugging me this time, I don’t know why—maybe because that would be my excuse to sit down and make another? Yeah, I think that’s it!

9 comments:

  1. Love the colours you used... i did make one but messed up the edging so I didn't bother making a back for it. How have you made a back for yours? Thank you in advance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies! I made the back using a plain circle--there's a great tutorial at Lucy's blog www.attic24.typepad.com--I think it's called Flat Circle? Look under her tutorials, you'll find it there. It's pretty easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I have yet to jump on the mandala and African flower bandwagons, but today might be that day. All of my Sugar 'n Cream yarn is in a big pile in front of me so I think I'll pick out a few colors right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very pretty. Are you participating in the 2011 potholder swap?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you used! It's very pretty :) I'm going to make one for my wall soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colours are just gorgeous and oh so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! It brightened my day. I haven't made one of these yet but now I am motivated. Thanks for posting this. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete