Monday, March 7, 2011

Soft Denim Cardigan

100_7082a

Just in time for spring, I have finished another wool sweater. Actually, since it is only about 20 degrees today, I don’t have much hope for an early spring, so I think this cardigan will get some play before the weather changes.

100_7080a

Nothing fancy here, just plain, densely knit stockinette stitch in a nice, soft wool (Patons Classic Wool). I designed this myself, to fit me.

100_7084a

There’s no waist shaping, a choice I rarely make, but for this, I really wanted a warm, workhorse cardigan that would fit over another layer; I wanted extra-long sleeves, a long hem, and thick warm knitting. Actually, I guess I made this sweater because I’m cold. Take that, winter!

3 comments:

  1. ,,,your sweater is lovely,,,father winter insists on staying, though your sweater will pair well with spring when she makes her way around,,,we received a dusting of snow last night, thank goodness for the sun today!,,,(smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovey...you can't beat a snuggly cardigan. They are great in any season. I'm sure you'll get lots and lots of wear out of it. I love the colour too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a lovely cardigan Kristen, classic and timeless - i love the blue denim colour. I'm sure you'll find this a useful one as well as being warm!

    ReplyDelete