Thursday, April 28, 2011

Crochet Flower Pin

100_7504a
Sometimes, you just need a corsage.  Yesterday was my birthday, and since I am one of those princesses who needs everyone’s full and complete attention on my birthday (also, when I’m sick) I decided to crochet myself a little posy.  So I’d look, you know, special.  This was a quick and easy project (pattern here.)


I really want to thank my husband for taking this very flattering photo of my rapidly aging neck which, somehow, looks fetching and youthful here.  Don’t I look as though I have just dropped my handkerchief and am waiting for Mr. Darcy to notice?

I also want to show you the Birthday Girl—I wrote about this last year, and my mom saw my post and sent her to me.  She came from Lieberman’s in Lansing Michigan, and was made in Japan.  She is still packed in her original box, lined with excelsior, and I’m so happy to have her.  She makes my birthday seem real. 
100_7508a

7 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday, young lady! Your posy is very cute and Spring-ish, something we are sorely lacking here in Michigan.

    I love the Birthday Girl, too! Looking at her takes me back to my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Your Birthday Girl is really cute :) I hope she sings, too--even though all of you can sing now :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, and your neck looks fabulous. My friends had birthdya girls like yours, but I didn't....how sad!
    Hope you have a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful posy, so pretty. Hope you had a lovely birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, absolutely gorgeous posy! Lovely! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to! And I like this beautiful flower...
    Greetings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a fab birthday. I love your pic - very coy indeed! All tired here having stayed up way too late watching 'the wedding' and feasting on a UK themed meal. Getting too old for late nights! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete