Saturday, April 30, 2011

Jersey Sundress

100_7511a
I’ve been thinking of summer a lot lately.  The weather has been so weird that I’ve started to wonder if it will ever be warm, but I guess I just have to believe.  And I’m so sick of my winter clothes.  I’ve been wearing the same four pairs of pants since October, and I’m ready for something different.  Something flow-y and fluttery and soft and girly.  I’m ready for a sundress.  I’m ready for the summer breeze to blow through the jasmine in my mind.
100_7509a
Soon it will be July, and it will be hot.  Probably sweltering, and I’ll complain bitterly about the humidity, but let’s not dwell on that now.  And when it is hot, I’ll put on this light jersey sundress and drape myself in a shady hammock and sip iced tea through a straw. 
The pattern is Simplicity 2587, designed by Cynthia Rowley.  I made some lazy girl modifications (I left out the interfacing and some of the fancier details) but it fits like a glove.  Vavoom!

4 comments:

  1. Really pretty! My colors entirely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verrrrrry summery and am loving the Boho/ Seventies vibe! Hope the weather warms up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I hope you get lots of lovely sunny weather to show off your lovely dress. Sadly we have just said farewell to summer and my winter clothes have been moved to the front of the wardrobe - boo hoo. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete