Monday, May 9, 2011

Being as industrious as Ma Ingalls

100_7580a
It turns out, I am pretty sure, that I never actually read any of the Little House on the Prairie books.  I’ll pause for a moment, to give that a chance to sink in. 

So I’m reading them now, and they are so good, as good as sugar snow with maple syrup on it!  Ma and Pa are just so industrious; Ma is busily ironing the clean clothes on the wagon’s buckboard while Pa is out hunting bears, and I just have to keep getting up to clean something or churn butter or whatever.   I’m working on this sampler now, an ambitious project that will take forever, which is my favorite thing in the world. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I loved those books! And I still remember the excitement when I realised that the author was Laura in the book. I so wanted some sugar snow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sampler is so pretty.
    i loved little house on the prairie,i think i may follow you in reading them
    j x

    ReplyDelete