Thursday, May 26, 2011

Harlequin Stripe, progress

100_7678a

I’ve been suffering a bad case of start-itis, and the result is that I have too many Big Projects happening all at once.  Which, as you know, I think is marvelous, but it’s hard to see progress, you know?  I hook away until my fingers ache, but it doesn’t ever get bigger.  Besides which, there are three sweaters, three pairs of socks, one very ambitious embroidery project, the spinning (which is apparently endless, really) and that’s not even all of it.  I do like to have a lot of different things going at once.100_7676a

Here’s the Harlequin Stripe blanket, still in a very early state—so early, in fact, that the full extent of the plan is not yet apparent.  Here’s a hint:  green is next!  I do love working on this thing.  I’ll post pattern details as I get a little further along. 

100_7681a

The weather has been so perfect lately—I had kind of begun to despair, but it is only May, after all.   I think I’m going to take up professional porch-sitting.  This is my new office, that chair right there.

8 comments:

  1. Kristen that is such a pretty shaped stripe, i love it!
    So glad you will be posting the pattern, and it looks lovely in those colours.
    we have rain here at the moment so envious of your porch sitting!
    have a great day!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Your colors are soothing and look beautiful against the white rocker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean, I'm afraid I suffer from the same ailment :)
    This blanket is lovely, the colors are so pretty and so is the stitch--it seems to be what I've seen called the Catherine wheel stitch or the wool-eater stitch :) I love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen, the stripe is ever so pretty, and I love your colours. I was also intrigued by your mention of spinning, and looked at your other posts about spinning... hmmm.... I'm starting to think, I'd like to have a go at that... my butterfly mind! Now I've started to look at spinning wheels online. Uh oh! :)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen, That's lovely - i have been trying to do the same pattern but i am finding it is going lumpy and not flat at all. Not sure why it's doing it. Can you write your stitches down or recommend where you got your pattern from? Thanks Radish's Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful. Oh I do hope you post about your embroidery project - I would love to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors! I've not seen that stitch before. Very pretty! And your "office" space is the best kind you could possibly have. Porch sitting should be on everyone's list of things to do each day. Enjoy! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the perfect place for an office! And I'm thinking maybe I will take up professional porch sitting too. I think I would get a lot more hooky business done that way. Beautiful stripes! Have a happy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete