Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lavender sachets

100_7521a

Don’t these little lavender sachets look like candies? 

100_7523a

Or fancy tea bags?

100_7524a

Or wedding favors, or possibly those little bags of birdseed you’re supposed to toss at the happy couple?  (Do they still do that?)

100_7534a

Well, this is what they’re for.  They’re just little calico packets filled with lavender flowers—man, was that ever a relaxing project!  The lovely aromatherapy effects of that giant bag of weed flowers was actually really soothing.  Maybe I should put one of these sachets under my pillow, and one in each of my dresser drawers, tucked amongst my dainty things.  Mmm, so old fashioned!  Next I’ll be wearing bloomers and little white gloves that button at the wrist.  Watch out, it could happen. 

6 comments:

  1. So lovely the sachets you made... Very nice done!
    Greetings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty little sachets! I'll watch with interest whether your next project is a lovely pair of lace-trimmed bloomers ;) ...now I come to think of it, I've always thought they're quite gorgeous things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're lovley Kristen!I dont think lavender sachets ever really go out of fashion, i love them!
    Thanks for the birthday wishes!
    I just want to start painting my dressing table bright pink now too! But would it look to Barbieish? Do i prefer turquoise? Or shall i stick with creamy white as it already is - Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so pretty! Too pretty to hide away in wardrobes and drawers! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh luuuuuuush! I love lavender. Dreamy and calm. Beautiful little sachets too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol I think it would be great to bring back button gloves and bloomers, I'll join you ... we'll start a trend :)

    ReplyDelete