Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Patchwork Crochet, Part One

100_7635a

I have yarn.  I have so much yarn that if you were here and I opened the yarn cupboard, you’d get to have a nice long belly laugh as you watched it all explode from the cabinet and slither out onto my head.   This picture represents such a tiny fraction of my stash, such a laughably small portion of my monstrous yarn collection that when I pulled it all from the cupboard—and I swear this is true—no dent in the yarn was made.  There appears to be just as much yarn in the cupboard as there was before I took all this away. 

What are you gonna do, right?  Hey, I know exactly what to do, and so do you!

100_7670a

Yup, it’s another blanket.  I am so excited about this pattern that I could hardly sleep at all last night!  I just wanted to tiptoe to the workroom and get cracking.  In fact, I’m itching to work on it right now…see ya later!

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I'm envious. As a crochet newbie, I don't yet have a sizeable stash, but am always on the lookout for bargains at car boots and charity shops. Enjoy making your blanket. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun, I think you should have us all over so we can go yarn shopping in your stash!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mereknits! :) All your colors are lovely! I can't wait to see the finished peice. One question--What pattern are you using? It's looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colors you've started with! It's so fun when you start a project that makes you not want to leave it! they're the best kind

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, the sight of all that lovely yarn in those gorgeous colours makes me feel quite dizzy! I've just ordered some new yarn in lots of colours and I just can't wait till it arrives...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yarn stashes make me happy :) all the lovely colors and feels and so many gorgeous projects that can be made from them!
    Have fun with your new project!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are really my kind of people! A big project is the greatest thing ever, and I love that you all feel that way, too.

    The stitch pattern is called Harlequin, which is pretty close to the Catherine Wheel, but an extra chain at the top of each shell gives it a square shape. It's already so much fun--I'll post some more pictures as I make progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really beautiful pattern. Can't wait to see progress xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, what a beautiful pattern, looks very complex :o)
    enjoy, and try and get some sleep!
    j x

    ReplyDelete