Sunday, May 29, 2011

Samplers, samplers, samplers

100_7697a

I am having such a fascination with embroidery lately.  This is the second alphabet sampler I have in progress.  How many alphabet samplers does one person need, anyway?  Well, at least these two, and probably I won’t stop there, you know how I am. 

This one actually sprang into my imagination as a result of the other one—I bought this thread to use for the more traditional one I’ve been working on:

100_7688a 

The hand-painted orange color turned out to be a little loud for the more subdued palette I’ve been using here, so I was going to just stash it until another idea came along.  But another idea came along immediately!  

100_7697a

Don’t you love it when that happens?

6 comments:

  1. I have wanted to do an alphabet sampler for such a long time! this is one I really would love to do! http://rosylittlethings.com/daisychainsamplerkit.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Casey--me too! In fact, I have my order in for that one already. If I'm not careful, I'll have three alphabet samplers in progress; then I'll never get the dishes done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that orange. Very beautiful sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the orange thread, so pretty..!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I too love embroidery although I have never tried it myself xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes, ideas sprouting faster than one can follow :-) One has just to take a deep breath and go on relaxed with all the beauty and richness around...
    Really beautiful alphabets - beautiful yarn!
    x Hilde

    ReplyDelete