Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lazy dinner, with crochet

100_7710a

When May turns to June and the sky is blue and the wind is warm, I can hardly stand to be indoors.  The biggest decision I might make is which sunhat to wear.  After a whole day of basking in the heat, sipping iced coffee and crocheting, I have to think about dinner, so here’s what we had:

Fish Tacos

1 pre-cooked piece of fish, whatever kind you like and seasoned however you like it.  (I went ahead and bought this already done, because it’s summer and the heat makes me lazy.)  If I had to recommend something, I think cajun-style or chipotle would be best, but don’t limit yourself, people. 

1 cup (or so) shredded cabbage

1 tomato, chopped

1 cup mayo

1 fresh lime, juiced

1/2 tsp. powdered chili pepper

6 corn tortilla shells

Put the fish in the oven to thaw/bake/get crispy or whatever it needs.  Put the tortilla shells in there too, on a baking sheet.   Give the fish about 12-14 minutes, and the shells about 6 minutes.   Meanwhile, combine the mayo, lime juice, and chili powder in a bowl.  When the fish is done, take it out of the oven and tear it into little pieces with two forks.  Divide it between the six shells.  Top each taco with tomato, shredded cabbage, and a few spoonfuls of the mayo sauce.  Devour with an ice cold beer. 

If you had this for dinner every night all summer, I wouldn’t blame you at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment