Friday, June 3, 2011

Something Pretty Potholder

100_7701a

I had to take a break from the uneventful homogeneity of all the huge projects I have in progress.  I think this is a clue as to why I keep starting new things; if only I could remember to start small things once in awhile, it wouldn’t pile up so much.  

This potholder is the result of the combined efforts of at least four people.  The basic pattern came from Mille, and can be found here.  Tif saw it and figured out how to make the two petal rounds keep on going forever, and then I noticed it was making such a nice plump fabric that was crying out to be a potholder, so I made Lucy’s flat circle in the same size as the front and then crocheted them together.  Come to think of it, I probably got the edging from Alice at Crochet with Raymond, so actually, counting me, that adds up to five people.  Whew! 

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love your cross-stitch samplers, too. I haven't had time to do much of anything lately with the school year winding down. My last day is June 14th and then the summer holiday begins. Maybe then I will find time to finish all my UFOs. :) Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done All of you! Clever ladies. Its lovely Kristen! Love the soft denimy blues you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Has Tif published the amended pattern? I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much! I know I have so many blankets and sweaters and socks and scarves to finish, but now and then a girl just needs some diversion. I know you guys understand. :)

    @Pearly Queen: I don't think Tif has published an amended pattern--I just looked at her photos and figured it out. What she did (I think) is to keep repeating rounds 1 and 2, on and on, until the piece was the size she wanted. Anyway, that's what I did, and it worked great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! Next up a teeny bikini upsized???

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, yes! Let's see, two small bunting triangles and two bigger ones, right? Then you could just add a non-transparent liner--very important, that--and some string, and voila! All of a sudden, this is a serious idea in my head...

    ReplyDelete