Thursday, June 2, 2011

A tale of three sleeves

I am surrounded by unfinished projects.  There are so many, too many to even list here.  You’d shake your head at me if you could see them all.  Three pairs of socks.  Four scarves.  Two blankets.  Embroidery.  Pants.  Shift dress (yeah, I’m a little bit excited about that one!) And mostly right now, three sweaters, all knit in fingering weight yarn.  That’s sock yarn, friends, on tiny needles. 

100_7698a

These three sweaters are all nearing completion, and I am diligently knitting away at them, trying to make some progress, trying to have something to show for my hours of work and swollen knuckles.   Why, you may ask, would a person feel the need to start so many things at once? 

No, I know better than that—you all know how it is.  Inspiration strikes, and you are off and running, right?  Yeah, I know too, and while it is pleasant to always have something a little different to work on; when I get sick of knitting sleeves (wow, am I sick of knitting sleeves) I can crochet for awhile  (Granny squares?  Harlequin?  What’ll it be today?) or embroider (mod or traditional?) or of course any one of about hundred other things.  But this is a lot, even for me.

100_7699a

Sleeves!  I’m begging you, please be finished soon!  I want to be done with these three sweaters!  I want to put away the size 3 needles!   I don’t even want to wear them right now, because it is eighty degrees (and I am not complaining about that, no ma’am) and can’t stand the thought of a sweater.  Thus the shift dress, and the ruffle-edged wrap skirt, and heck, the graphic pillow cover done in linen with plummy pinks and oranges…whoops, thinking out loud, sorry.

100_7700a

Of course, we all know what will happen when they’re all finished (which will probably happen all within the same week, knowing me.)  Yes, I will be overwhelmed by the need to cast on for three more sweaters.  I have a few picked out…

3 comments:

  1. Three sweaters. At once. In fingering weight yarn. Respect.
    I love love love the colour of the first one in particular - it's like raspberry jam mixed with rice pudding. yum. (Or is that just the colours on my computer?) Either way, well done!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. *whew*

    I'm glad I'm not the only one with project overload! LOL!

    Your sweaters are GORGEOUS. Okay, well the sleeves are! Can't wait to see the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...a fellow partner in crime. My husband says, "can't you find joy in completing a project instead of just starting new ones?''...silly man~! :)

    ReplyDelete