Thursday, July 7, 2011

19th Nervous Breakdown

100_7839a

My sports car sewing machine is on the fritz again.  It’s a way fancier and more finely crafted machine than I am worthy to own, and the first fifteen years or so of the benign neglect it suffered in my care means that it is now constantly breaking down.  I have a backup plan sewing machine (you don’t have two sewing machines?  Are you serious? ) but it’s a cheap little thing with none of the awesome features the Bernina has, and to which I have become accustomed, so the quilt moves slowly. (I try to love that Bernina, I really do, but she makes it so hard.)  This has nothing to do with that picture up there.  Those flags just cheer me up.

100_7879a

I hate it when I get to this point, all on a roll, and the sewing machine just goes eeeeeeeeeerrrrrr…pfft.  I’m all set up, with iced coffee and everything!  I don’t want to tinker with machinery innards!  

100_7877

Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. what a bummer! i had that problem a while back and mine is still a bit whingy.
    good luck!
    j x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, what a bummer, don't you hate it when things don't go as planned. Love the bunting!
    Happy Weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I'm not sure if I could handle that kind of meltdown .. I would be sobbing if my machine went on the fritz. (I'm knocking on wood as I type this)

    ReplyDelete