Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summertime Cardigan

100_7866a

Another sweater has come off my needles.  It’s getting to be quite a sweatshop around here as I finish one thing after another at warp speed.  You can imagine the state of the house…

100_7863a

I had it done up to the yoke weeks ago, but there was something daunting about it, 350 stitches done in ribbing.  I don’t know about you, but I don’t really love knitting ribbing.  It’s something about all that back and forth, it just seems to slow everything down. 

100_7859a

I love choosing buttons.  Except I never really have eleven buttons that are all the same.  Well, compromise is okay, and these are close enough.  100_7862a

I believe I have enough white four-hole shirt buttons to last me an entire lifetime. 

100_7865a

This is that sweater I always need when the sky turns to twilight and the sand starts to cool, and my sunburned shoulders get a little chilly, but I want to stay around the bonfire just a little while longer, because someone just started playing my favorite song. 

100_7870

The pattern is Leah’s Lovely Cardigan by Leah Mitchell, from the book More Last Minute Knitted Gifts, the yarn is KnitPicks Palette in Green Tea, knit on US size 2 and 3 needles.  I will be wearing this one a lot.

11 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! We could never wear that here in our hot summers. Spring, yes, but summer, no. Triple digits here today. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Clothing in general seems too fiddly for me, but you so such a beautiful job. Your button stash looks like mine. A million buttons that fit the same general category, but few real matches. A matched set of buttons just wouldn't fit on a handknit sweater, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen the sweater is gorgous!!!!! Absolutely perfect. The color is fantastic and the knitting excellent. Well done.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you mail me your address mail@handmadehaven.co.uk....ta very muchly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty cardi! Love the yoke-thingey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is beautiful; you do such nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweater and sampler turned out beautiful! The orange necklace looks pretty against the green. By the way, I know what you mean about working in the garden. We also live in the country. This year I managed to get in a few tomato plants and that's it. I would much rather be creating with needle or hook, than a shovel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really pretty and I love the colour too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your cardi - it's fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness I need to learn how to knit now!!! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete