Wednesday, August 3, 2011

She’s a dabbler

100_8213a  Something about my last vacation made me want to paint something.  I probably should have just painted the kitchen, but instead I painted this.  It’s very teeny, only 3” x 5” and it’s just hanging on the wall with a loop of packing tape.  (Super-professional, I know.  I hope it doesn’t fall off and land in the dog’s water) 

100_8212a

Here’s another.  I’m kind of asking myself what’s the point of doing this when I have the actual photos, but all I can say is I just felt like painting.  I’m also kind of hoping you won’t look at them too closely; my limitations are so apparent.  There was no way for someone with my total lack of skills to capture the incredible color of the water in the Caribbean. 

100_8210a

This is the last (no, sorry, second to last) Beach Vacation 2011-related project to appear in these pages.  I promise.  Sorta.  

I did these little paintings in about twenty minutes flat, and only quit when I ran out of blank canvases.  Then there’s this:

100_8208a

I sort of feel like the paint palette is prettier than the art itself.  Do you all ever feel that way, too?

6 comments:

  1. Hello, I have to say that I can't spot any apparent limitations! Your little paintings are fab, I love them! So blue and green and gorgeous. I'd hang them in my house. (If I could find a space...)
    Lovely post.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I'm so happy that you have changed your top photo to your summer blanket, now I don't have to go looking for it when I need a fix of looking at it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your paintings are fabulous and a great way to document your lovely holiday. I admire those who can take along a sketching pad and draw what they see around them. Much better than a photo if you ask me. But I sadly like that kinda talent. I keep saying I want to paint, some sort of watercolor, something simple. Just can't seem to get the creative juices flowing in that regard. That last photo had me thinking that when you ran out of canvases, you decided to paint on a coffee filter or cupcake liner. :) Have a great day! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen,
    I love your paintings, they have a bit of a Monet feel to them. I get like that sometime, too. I'll just start to draw or make something. I hope you get more inspiration to paint because you are very talented.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. resimler harika eline sağlık..

    ReplyDelete
  6. resimler harika eline sağlık..

    ReplyDelete