Friday, September 16, 2011

Distraction

100_8502a

I am so easily distracted!  This stuffed beach ball (why?) is so adorable and patchworky, and I have no power in the face of such things.  The pattern is at the always seductive Purl Bee.   I have three sweater/sweatery things this close to being done, but I see something clever and simple like this little ball (it comes in three sizes!  Eeeeee!) and it only takes an hour, and I just can’t help it.  Although, until a baby somehow wanders in the door (and none are imminent, are you kidding me?) this will sit on the shelf looking cute, and someday probably the dog will get ahold of it and that will be it.  In other news, I have bought the pattern (Mary Margaret!  That’s the one!) for the Elton coat, and today is the day.  In fact, I’m chomping at the bit to get at it.  See ya!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck witht he coat Kristen. I love the pattern you picked, and with your fabric it will be fantastic. I know what you mean about short attention spans, I just printedout a pattern for a sweater even though I have a million other projects to do. So little time!
    Have a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. well who could resist making that ball? I'm just as bad. I even procrastinate over projects I want to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Reminds me of Cluck Cluck Sew's sprocket pillow, of which I have made several!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha instead of being distracted by "something shiny", we go for patterns, pretty fabric and yarn!! Ain't it great! Damn that purl bee : ) They're always interrupting our WIPs for a fun project. I'm glad you found a coat pattern for your material. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is that beach ball? I'm still looking for the perfect fabric in my stash for the square-to-round trays, and you post a more cuteness...

    Also, isn't The Selfish Seamstress amazing? I'm so glad you liked the jacket pattern. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete