Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Last of the Earflap Hats

100_8512a

This photo shoot was so riddled with angst and egregiousness that I invested two bucks in a styrofoam head.  The face is a little bit alien-looking, and the neck is almost as skinny as my wrist, but at least I don’t have to hunt around for somebody to take my picture every time I knit another hat. 

This is another of my favorite earflap hats from Tiennie Knits, in KnitPicks Wool of the Andes “Dill Heather”, worked on US 5 needles.   I have lost track of how many earflap hats I’ve made; I think it’s safe to say I’m all done with them now. There was one last person who wanted to feel the wind on his face but not in his ears, so this hat is for him, and I just have to tell you, this guy can run fifteen miles an hour (I dare you to try that) and at those speeds, the earflaps on this thing will be sorely tested.  But it does look mighty cozy.

4 comments:

  1. Love the hat! I needed one just like that today - it's been freezing. I found a crochet pattern yesterday for an ear flap hat and my kids have put in their orders! Brilliant investment getting your 'head'. Have you named it? I saw another blog recently and her 'head' had been named it was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I really like that hat. I'm wracking my brains now trying to think who I could knit one for. I like hats but don't like 'hat hair' on myself.
    I would like to see the face that goes with that head!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic hat...a super speedy one at that!
    jooles x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really liking the knit picks wool. I also like how that hat gathers at the top. If the guy wearing that can run 15mph, wow... well it's a good thing you put ties on it!

    ReplyDelete