Monday, October 31, 2011

Annis Scarf

100_8826a

This scarf is part of my latest attempt to learn to Dress Myself.  Maybe at forty-three, I can become fashionable! 

100_8823a

I recently purged my wardrobe of two lawn and leaf bags full of stuff I never wore.  I don’t know why I thought I needed four jeans skirts.  I did need more of this kind of thing, though.  This scarf is so perfect, adding color without a lot of frou, adding that extra something that gives a gray pullover and wool pants a reason to be smashing.  Just putting it on the dressmaker’s dummy made me feel a little bit French.  The pattern is Annis by Susannah IC.  I finished knitting it last night while I was watching the best Halloween movie ever.  Johnny, I love you!

100_8825a

I love that with just a few yarnovers and k2togs, I can make something that looks like that.  I can’t wait to wear it!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, that scarf is beautiful. 43! You're a kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful and a really pretty colour as well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scarf is a little slice of heaven. Just like Johnny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 4 years older than you and I have adapted my style of dressing not a jot over the years. Mind you, I never was a mini skirt type so probably no harm done. I love your scarf. I am a bit obsessed with them, I love them so much. I do think that the French give a certain something to whatever they knit. I am not sure what it is, the colours the proportions. Anyway, yours is very jolie. I hope you enjoy wearing it as much as you did making it. Lovely pretty colours and delicate pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf would rock the socks off a jeans, t-shirt and cardigan combo! I'm just sayin! Whoop! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete