Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cashmere Citron Scarf

100_8874a

Behold the beautiful Citron, designed by Hillary Smith Callis.  This looks so much better on the dressmaker’s dummy than it does on me that here’s where it lives for right now.  Right there.  Oooh, aahh.

100_8875a

I love those beautiful bands of simple ruching.  So clever, so perfect. 

100_8877a

This yarn is 100% cashmere (I know, right?) by Jojoland in an ethereal color very poetically named “C255”.  (Why do yarn companies do that?  Don’t they know how persuaded people are by the awesome color names of things?)  Well, it’s light blue.  I doubt that’s any more interesting than “C255”,  come to think of it.  Let’s do the fun work for the designers at Jojoland and rename color C255.  How about “Summer Saturday”?  “Newman’s Iris?”  I can’t think of any others…

100_8883a

This scarf is so beautiful, in every way, and the yarn is softer than baby bunnies.  It’s the little things, isn’t it? 

6 comments:

  1. Oh it's beautiful. I think I would name it sweet ice. You must be the fastest knitter ever! In the time it's taking me to knit one scarf I think you have made several sweaters, cardigans, and scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm...

    Robin's Egg

    April Sky

    my dear Gram would have called that "powder blue"

    maybe Alice Blue?


    the scarf is just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. C255 is sure a pretty color despite being named after a model or part # for a vacuum cleaner. Really, it should be renamed "Cozy Blue". It looks like it could just float! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee hee!
    I am loving the scarf- beautiful knit and perfect colour for the season.
    I asked the Mister how he would describe the colour and the answer (unsurprisingly) was 'blue'.
    I will be far more poetic and suggest 'Bubbling Springs'
    !
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scarf is beautiful. As for the name, Floating Clouds? Summer Rain? The choices are endless.... lol x

    ReplyDelete