Friday, December 2, 2011

Busy!

Well, it’s been an amazingly productive week!  I hardly know where to begin.  Here, let me show you:

 

*

*

*

*

I made this.

100_9140a

Actually, I’m being modest.  I don’t want to brag, but really, here’s what I made:

*

*

*

*

*

*

100_9145a

I’m just exhausted from the effort, as I’m sure you can imagine. 

 

Okay, so really, I tried to make some stuff, and all of it just failed miserably.  There was a project bag, made with a very cute piece of brown and white linen print and pink gingham check and—really, this is inexplicable—a piece of red and orange upholstery fabric.  There was a pink corduroy and calico print handbag that I somehow failed to measure as I cut and which ended up the size and shape of a business envelope.  There was an extremely simple pencil skirt with nothing more than a side zipper to worry about, but either I am about ten sizes larger than I thought I was, or else I managed to cut it out somehow in miniature.  Twice

So all I have to show you, apart from a lot more rows of brown and white knitting, is this pink pompom, all done, with no disasters.  I think it deserves one more look:

100_9141a

Feast your eyes on that!  It’s less craft, more art, is how I feel.  Don’t you agree? 

8 comments:

  1. You can make a mighty nice canvas print out of that photo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm astounded at your creativity! It knows no bounds. These are truly the most gorgeous pompoms I've seen. I'm humbled.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! This post gave me a giggle, thanks.

    xx MaDonna
    MeMaDonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to make a pompom, so I am duly impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is lovely, a piece of art!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so hilarious! I have laughed out loud at your pom pom post. You have no idea how much I needed to laugh today too. So thank you!!! Have a fab week hon.

    Oops - meant to say - they are truly spectacular pom poms!!!!
    Leah
    xx

    ReplyDelete