Sunday, December 4, 2011

Circus Tent Pillow

100_9163a

This stripy, holiday-at-the-seaside pillow is probably going to be the first of many I will make, in lots and lots of different colorways, piling them around the house with breathless abandon, little caring that (as I’ve mentioned before) what we really don’t need around here is a few more pillows.  But, as you can see, they are fantastic!  How can you stop with just one, I’d like to know? 

100_9154a

The pattern is Wheel of Colour Cushion by Jane Brocket, from her book The Gentle Art of Knitting (though I think there must be a few versions of this pattern out there, even vintage ones, since this design has been around awhile.)  I cribbed the colors from Jane, too, so enchanting are the photos in the book.  I had one of those moments where I just wanted everything in that picture.  I know you know what I mean.

100_9158a

It’s an easy pattern, simple to memorize, and then it’s the perfect project to work on as you find the time.  There will be a lot of ends on the back, but I was rebellious and didn’t weave any of mine in.  I know!  Lightening may strike me at any time.   Well, who’s going to see them, right? 

It’s been the best week—my extremely talented son played the role of Mr. Applegate in a local community theater production of Damn Yankees, and I am just as proud as pumpkins. Bravo! 

100_8957a

The last month has been a tornado of rehearsals, and organizing programs, and publicity, and I took on the very exacting task of putting out the homemade cookies during intermission.  Tough duty, that.  Now I just have to wash the red hairspray out of all his shirts and then get back to work. 

5 comments:

  1. Love the color choices on the stripey pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pillow and love the way you have stored your knitting needles! Glad you got to enjoy your son's performance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pillow and a special congrats to your son. The theater is so wonderful and to be able to experience it must be like magic for all of you. I bet he was fantastic.

    So glad you shared this with us.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Kristen que hermoso te quedo el almohadón muy alegre pero nada mas lindo que el orgullo que uno siente por sus hijos te felicito y te mando un beso Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pillow is a beaut! Ha,I would have done the same thing with the ends! Don't you love watching your kids do their thing? It never gets old. (And sometimes you have to break out the kleenex, cause your just bursting with pride)

    ReplyDelete