Monday, December 19, 2011

Knitted Radishes

100_9240a

I’m going to file these under Cutest Things I Ever Made.  Or maybe Pointless but  Adorable Things I Have Made.  I am madly in love with them.  I literally sat here all day yesterday, watching holiday specials and knitting radishes, and kept having to stop after each one and cuddle it a little.   Look at the leaves!  The i-cord stems!  The little yarn roots! 

What to do with a complete set of handknit radishes?  I am taking suggestions.  I’ve thought of putting them on the Christmas tree, but that’s about as far as I got.  If there were a way to wear them, I would do it.  (This line of thinking led me here, and I am so going to do that.  Luna, you are such a hero.)

100_9239a

My friend Leda brought me the pattern, and I totally abandoned the boring sweater I was working on to rummage through the sock leftovers for radish-colored yarn.  Of course I had all the right colors, although reflection on real radishes makes me think they might be more pink than red, but that is beside the point.  The search through the stash revealed that I had some perfect radish-colored yarn (which means I have socks in all those colors.  I don’t remember the green ones?)  It also revealed that I have far too many sock yarn leftovers, and it is time for a de-stash project.  Luckily, I have found one.  

9 comments:

  1. Awww, those are super cute!!

    xx MaDonna
    www.MeMaDonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could tie the stems together and make a sort of brooch? They ARE cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're scrumptious........last year I knitted a bunch of carrots, tied them together with string and used as a corsage on my crochet craft bag.......such fun!

    lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just made a carrot and put a pin back on it and put it on my Dad's hat that I've knitted him for Christmas. He can keep it on or tak it off what ever mood takes him. I loved making it so much I thought I'd make some more after Christams. Forgot to take a photo before I wrapped it though!!

    They do look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so stinkin' cute! I guess putting them on a plate with a little salt is out of the question. Sorry. I just discovered whipped cream flavored vodka and I'm useless. Have fun knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. These should go on Pinterest. Everyone will want them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Don't you love how enjoyable it is to spend a lot of time making something that is just plain old fun. The perfect gift for the person who already has everything - knitted radishes. I love it!!! Merry Christmas hon ... it's been such a lovely year of popping in to visit you. Have a wonderful festive season and I'll see you again soon. Leah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful you are so talented.So nice to meet you just found your lovely blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, if you find a spare minute hope you visit me sometime and follow back so nice to meet new friends. Sending you special wishes for a very Merry Christmas Day and look forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOOOOhhhh I love these.... Can they be adapted to be crocheted? I need to make a load for Radish!
    Hxx
    Hope you had a lovely Christmas

    ReplyDelete