Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lovely chaos

 

100_9191a

I have two hundred of these now, which is halfway to the goal.  As you can see, I haven’t been pacing myself.  I just love to make these in big gulps of a dozen or more at a time, and I’m not sure its even busting the stash, either, since I keep finishing other things and then adding more yarn to the basket.  The Woodstock Blanket scraps alone almost doubled the pile.  I’ve started thinking about which color to use for the joining rounds, and although I had mostly decided on white already, seeing this sealed the deal.  Anna Maria talked about it a few days ago, which led me to Sandra Juto’s lovely blog, and then I got all fired up about this blanket.  Maybe I can’t just make a few squares here and there?  I might not be able to do that, I might be the kind of girl who just has to fling herself into things until they’re done.  It’s not really the worst problem to have.

I don’t know if this kind of thing happens to you all at Christmas:

100_9173a

This is a picture of the inside of my brain.  Patterns, yarn, failed mittens (the brown tweed) and a few other half-baked ideas are just everywhere, and never have I been more grateful to have a dedicated work room, otherwise all this would be on the kitchen table and we’d be eating off our laps on paper plates. 

 100_9170a

Part of me hates the chaos of this, all the jumble of stuff that isn’t put away, and part of me loves it, loves the spread-out creativity.  Being able to see it all at once is kind of nice.  It also makes me want to get cracking.  So much to doooo!

100_9193a

8 comments:

  1. Yarn chaos is not really chaos is it? It is all a plan for some future project. I wish I had a craft room, I think I would sleep in it. Love the squares, and I think you are right, white for the border, or a lovely soft grey.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful chaos! Go for a soft color for the border. Having your own craft space is wonderful so that other parts of the house don't get out of hand with all of our creativeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the others here show say it's a wonderful creative chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the tiny pic of your squares on my dashboard, then seeing it full size was even better! They are going to look absolutely amazing! A white edge/border will make those colours pop. I can't wait to see it when you're done. The one you've linked to is so inspirational - I want to make one RIGHT NOW!!!

    Wouldn't it be fun if we could all post a pic of our current work space whether it's a special area, a corner of the dining table, a basket tucked beside the sofa etc. I bet we'd all look a little crazed!! Rather than crazy I am telling myself it's a creative mind!!! Sounds so much nicer than crazy ay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that other people have half-finished projects laying all over the craft room! My scraps and makings make me smile also, but the chaos is overwhelming at times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sewing room always looks like a dog's breakfast(my grandma used to say this about any mess) around Christmas time. I'm not even going to bother picking up until the holidays are done. It's a lovely creative chaotic pressure isn't it? Right now I'm drowning in hats, scarves, washcloths, and a new yarn delivery. Oh happy day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete