Monday, April 30, 2012

Harvest Moon, v 2.0

100_0427a

This is my second Harvest Moon, finished just in time for a last bit of freezing weather, and for planting time, rather than harvest time.  Maybe it will work like bringing an umbrella to the ballgame, and having a new wool sweater will keep the cold weather from coming back?  I think I’m done with sweaters for awhile anyway; I’m tired of winter.  I don’t want to snuggle up, I want to spread out in the sunshine.  Yesterday was cold but beautiful, and we spent the hours digging and tilling and hauling.  Now my hands really are terrible.  Crouching under a thorn bush with a pair of secateurs seems like a great way to spend a Sunday, but the branches kept snagging my sleeves and swiping my hat, and jabbing all my exposed flesh.  I look like I’ve been in a fight with a cat.  I took a break on the patio with a beer and watched my husband and son use a sledgehammer to pound old cement off rocks, which was way more satisfying.

100_0426a

Getting this sweater off the needles proved to be a little bit of a pain.  Mainly, I think, because I had already made one just like it, and the thrill was gone.  Well, it fits beautifully (I knew it would) and while the yarn (Patons Classic Merino, of course--must branch out) is more or less the color of dried blood (it’s a lovely, heathery, currant wine color up close, I swear!) it flatters me somehow.  I don’t know what to make of that. 

15 comments:

  1. It is lovely - the colour is beautiful.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo pretty! I can't believe how fast you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another success, love the colour. I am sad that my dodgy shoulder will not allow me to even knit one row without pain so I am sticking with the crochet for the time being. I must get out in the garden again, we have had so much rain that the weeds are growing huge and I haven't been able to get out and rip them out. Sounds like you had your menfolk working hard this weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my -- your harvest moon is just beautiful! Makes me want to add it to my Rav queue along with the bizillions of other wonderful things I want to make ;).
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous!!! I just wish I could finish the garment I was working on! I am so rubbish at finishing things. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colour Kristen. Never mind the dried blood - concentrate on the 'wine'!!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You seem to make all these things so fast! Lovely sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember now, this pattern had the great yoke and pockets. The color is really pretty. Have fun tackling that yard!

    ReplyDelete