Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Scrappy Log Cabin Pincushions

100_0169a 

I am totally in the mood for log cabins.  I’d even like a real one, with a sagging porch overlooking the river, where I’d sit in a bent hickory rocking chair smoking peppermint in a corncob pipe or playing the spoons, getting up occasionally to sweep snake tracks out of the yard.  Really, I am just an old pair of boots and a floor-length pinafore away from a full-on Granny Clampett, but anyhoo. 

I guess I just felt like sitting down with my scraps basket and whipping up a few quilty things, so I started with these pincushions, and hoo!  It’s so easy to get going, I can see another log cabin quilt happening around here pretty soon. 

100_0164a

15 comments:

  1. Lovely. I'll take the rickety rocker next to you. Complete with scrap-bag sewing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pincushions are purty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My one and only finished quilt is a log cabin, and I absolutely LOVE the pattern- adorable pincushions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Now what are you going to do with them all? Gifting any of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I should gift them, shouldn't I? One person doesn't need this many pincushions...

      Delete
  5. Now they are cute. did you use a machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my machine (the lovely Miss Kastner) and I made these together. She's a gem. She's ready to make a whole quilt with me, I think. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Kristen - I feel in the mood for a long pinafore too. Maybe one in little ditsy florals. How about some Dr Marten boots to go with it! Your pin cushions are really pretty. I am just about to make my first sewing project; a simple (I hope) sun dress for my little nieces. I haven't used a sewing machin for about 30yrs so wish me luck!! Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it, Lily! I can't wait to see it. :)

      Delete
  7. A fabulous knitted log cabin blanket and now these cute log cabin pincushions. You are always busy creating the most wonderful things. Happy day to you! Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrappy log cabins are the best! These are real cute and a "Betcha can't make just one", kind of project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kristen, your pincushions are really nice! So, and I am looking forward to your new quilt :-) J.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are cute!! Great way of using up scraps! Log cabin is kind of addictive too!
    I'm also addicted to pincushions at the moment, cant stop making cathedral window ones!
    Have a great weekend Kristen!

    ReplyDelete