Thursday, June 27, 2013

Albers Cowl

DSCF2690a

Happiness is the Albers Cowl.  You know how it is when you find just the right pattern and just the right yarn for wherever it is you’re at?  This project was exactly what I wanted.  I was captivated, and even monogamous, which is not my usual way.  Log cabin construction is just endlessly interesting, and these squares went everywhere with me this week.  Love.  This is sock yarn on US #2 needles, which, as I think about it, seems like it would take a long time.  It seems like it should have, but I guess I was just fascinated by the whole thing.  I went at a rate of about one square a day, and I made four so it would wrap twice and be all cozy.  Ridiculous in this heat (yes, heat!  Ah, summer in New York!) to have all this wool on my neck, but such is my life. 

DSCF2701a

So tough, the selfie.  I should just get out the tripod.

DSCF2705

These are all sock yarns, and they were all in my cupboard. (Two different oranges?  I wanted two different pairs of orange socks?)  Two or three of them are leftovers from something else—the lightest pink is the last remnant of my Purl Soho Spud and Chloe, the yarn that didn’t fly off the back of the Staten island Ferry into New York Harbor, only because I was clinging to it for dear life—and the rest is either Louet Gems Super Fine (colors Citrus, Bright Red, and Pearl Gray) or Cascade Heritage Silk (colors 5610 and 5648) or one beautiful skein of orange semi-solid handpainted Merino Wool from Ellen’s Half Pint Farm.  

DSCF2717a

There’s a lot of yarn left.  Maybe I’ll make this with it.  So much plain knitting.  I swear I think of that and just get a little thrill. 

DSCF2688

DSCF2698a

Actually, there’s the Albers Shawl, too. 

DSCF2680a

Watch this space!

24 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I am just amazed at the speed of your knitting. I have projects that I start enthusiastically but end up just languishing. Maybe one day I'll finish something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are quick. I love it, the color, the pattern and your selfie.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really beautiful. I love the colors and the drape of it. I think your selfies are pretty good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!!!!! splendid colours combo!!!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so lovely feel I need to add it to my list x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it turned twice it looks so snug. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your cowl! Really like the colours, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours, I love it!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done. It looks as if it comes from a very stylish shop!

    Interested in a giveaway? I'm giving away two packages of fabrics because my blog exists for a half year:
    http://homeiswherethedachshundis.blogspot.be/2013/06/giveaway-nummer-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this!!! I wonder if I could do it in crochet....I must be able too....I like the ideas of the large squares and rectangles and those colours are very eyecatching.

    ok my evaluation is 10 over 10 points LOL!!!

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours are beautiful. Full of inspiration, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like most say..I don't know how you do it? How you knit projects so fast. I am a single empty nester and still don't have time to complete a lot of projects I have started. The colors of the cowl are beautiful and I love the log cabin designs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful scarf! you are lightening quick with those knitting needles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this beautiful cowl - you've done a great, and quick, job with it - - and you're 'selfies' are great too!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's beautiful the colours look so well together you are so clever ~ Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like colour palette you use. What would you call it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good question! How about "Caramel and Sherbet"?

      Delete
  17. Very nice! I really like the colors your chose.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to have you come by and link up some of your projects on my new Feature Your Fibers link Party! You always have such lovely things to share!

    ~ Sarah

    http://sarahndipities.indiemade.com/content/feature-your-fibers

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great!! You always put colors together perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  20. It all works so beautifully. As everyone has mentioned, you have a wonderful eye for colour, and that pattern was a great find too. I love the first picture, where it is sitting long, it really shows off the pattern beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE it!!! The colours go so well together, and I love the square-pattern! As always, you did a fantastic job! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are amazing clever with colours. love your knitting, it is inspiring even here in Denmark

    - Gitte

    ReplyDelete