Monday, December 1, 2014

It’s not easy being green

DSCF5534a

Finally, I have reached the Second Color phase of the (at least for now) Extremely Green Blanket.  That’s Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in the lyrically named color 300502, which I will translate to “Grassy Green”.  On Friday, I braved the hordes (I’m so glad they don’t sell yarn at Best Buy) and went on a hunt for the third color and failed.  Maybe I want thisThis?  I don’t know, I can’t tell.  It looks like this project will be slow going, which is fine, because:

DSCF5537a 

there’s this, which still needs sleeves (and which, I found out, matches my pajamas perfectly, which tells you just about how often I got dressed this weekend) and:

DSCF5542a

this, which isn’t even the only stranded knitting with a steek that’s happening around here at the moment, wow, I really feel like stranded knitting right now, and there’s also something else in dark brown, the photographs of which look like a—well, like a brown sweater with the lights off, because this is December in the North, and there is no light anywhere.  Gloom.  It is downright dim.  Cozy.  Hygge.

I made Leftover Mashed Potato Soup this morning, in about five minutes flat.  It’s so good I want to eat it for breakfast. 

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, so many lovely projects, I'm really curious to see them finished! : )
    Wish you a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects, the blanket looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects. I love the stranded things, but don't make many myself. I'm looking forward to seeing them all finished.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...love the super green project you've got going
    there. To me all knitting is good knitting. lol
    Enjoy.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green ... my favourite colour, but not that deep forest green which reminds me of the 80's. Grass green is pretty good. Lots of knitty loveliness happening in your dark little corner of the world. This half light we had on the weekend is really tiring ... I'm sleepy all the time. You go outside at 2 pm and it looks like 6 pm. I'm not surprised you didn't get out of your pajamas. What's the point when the lighting just tells "go back to bed". Enjoy your week of knit-crazy fun. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made your Beef & Barley soup. Then I made it again...a HUGE pot of it. Froze some for later rainy days, shared some with my parents and, hubs and I ate big bowls of it. THANK YOU! What a "cozy" meal!
    Deb in No California...where we are finally getting a little rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the 'butternut' yarn....but I've got a thing about butter nutty / mustardy yarn right now! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. It fun to watch this green project evolve. I really like the "mellow" color as a candidate for the next section.
    I wish I would have heard about this soup before I sent my potato leftovers down the garbage disposal. Now I know for next time.
    It's raining here today, so yoga pants and a long sleeve tee for me which is, lets face it, just a small step up from pajamas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your project but the stranded knitting really got my attention as I'm making a fair isle cowl for myself with really cute Christmas trees and snow and had to learn to catch the long floats in the back ... It looks like sometimes we are in the same knitting wave ( when u made a sweater last year and I was making a sweater from the same knitting author) again ... I just love when I feel connected with a "friend" from blogland ... We have never officially met, yet I feel connected to you in some level ... Life is so fun and so strangely beautiful sometimes ... I hope you are having fun with all your projects and that you are getting ready for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so many beautiful projects to keep you busy and warm, knitting in pajamas sounds just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the greens and I always like it when I find that other people have numerous projects on the go too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, the green blanket will be wonderful, even now it looks great ♥. Greetings, Nata

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to thank you for the striped beach blanket pattern you shared some time ago. I started making it last night and I think it will be a family favorite. Can't wait to see what color you use next on the granny row project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it will be very nice hat, congratulations,

    ReplyDelete