Utility crafts continue. I washed the Wyeth Window curtains and they fell to pieces, so it was time to sew a new one, in brown gingham this time. It looks very cottage, which pleases me. That filtered light is so delicious. I have made a million curtains. Let these last awhile, hey?
Lampshade, v. 2.0. I changed my mind about the contrast piping on this lampshade--having used the spray adhesive on the first version let me just peel off the old piping for an easy re-do. This time I used Mod Podge, so it won't be going anywhere. That tiny brown floral looks so good with the granny blanket. Now that there are no children in residence, I can do whatever I want and this room changes all the time.
I worked like a dog--well, not this dog...in a race against my rising qualms about row gauge, up the yoke and to the finish. I kept measuring and doubting and measuring again. The long floats at the back are a hot mess. I wet-blocked it and went to bed hoping for the best.
It wasn't drying fast enough indoors, so I impatiently gave it an hour on the lawn.
Here's a sneak peek:
More later. Whew!