Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sunny Sunday

 

We have brunch on Sundays, because by the time we finally get up, it's way past time for breakfast. We find the darkest possible roast coffee and make a pot in the french press. He chooses two cups to suit the morning--today, delicate, flowery ones for the first day of Spring [Whoopee! Welcome, Spring. I have missed you so much] and brings it to the table on a tray, and we sit, sipping and mumbling about our dreams, sharing the songs stuck in our head (I can't remember any of it anymore) and laughing at my disheveled hair and his beard sticking out at a 90 degree angle.

Catdog gets a bath, which she loves. She sits down in the warm water, lifts a leg for me to wash, then lifts the other. Leans up with her damp muzzle to lick me in the face. Later, she snoozes by the fireplace, her face pretty much completely pressed against the glass. The sun shines on my knitting.

 

The sun shines on my life, really. On everything.

23 comments:

  1. Joyful post Kristen for spring! Your yarn looks great, it makes me think of a felted tweed one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. Your yarn is gorgeous. BTW Shelter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should have said Brooklyn Tweed Shelter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sleeping late and the coffee sounded great, but you really got me with the dog and the knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An idyllic morning, it doesn't get much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect day.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like a poem full of gratitude. Beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all sounds so lovely! Love the yarn you are knitting with. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a happy and content post. Perfect for the first day of spring.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely day for all concerned - even the catdog! What is the knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like the colour of your yarn. Very helpful when your dog cooperates for bath time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is that maybe Levenwick on the needles?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely way to start any day. Being thankful and that everything is special. We are blessed in many ways. Love the knitting in the basket and the bathing of the dog, oh and the fireplace :) Enjoy spring. I am picking up some Dahlia tubers this morning, LOVE Dahlia's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stumbled upon your blog and it's so sweet. Your knitting is very lovely. Hope you have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post on your beautiful blog, which I dearly love reading. But did you know that the lighter the roast, the more caffeine in the coffee? Life tip from someone who drinks far too much coffee. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your blog is wonderful. Your knitting is lovely and I so enjoy your stories of catdog. The sun does, indeed, shine on you and your family :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds divine :))
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't it lovely that we're in Spring now (and I do like your mustard yarn)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That yarn is delicious! Your brunch is like a glimpse of a far away time for me, when my children are big. Thank you

    ReplyDelete