Wednesday, April 27, 2016

What's Up

 

From Hilde, a box full of All The Colors. The extreme beauty of this is causing an ache. This box of goodness is thinking about becoming some socks, which I think would be a pretty big happy pill.

The stash, exploded view. Post-Springfield Dress, I am on a color tangent, and am knee-deep in Kaffe right now, trying to work up the nerve to get some intarsia going on the needles. I can't even believe I just said that. Intarsia. Urgh. But Kaffe, in his supreme serenity, makes it all seem so--can this be right?--fun, and Kay is making it look actually possible. In my head, all this yarn goes together in a pleasing way, but that might just be me. I have an idea for it, and it will be a stretch. We're going to the outer limits of my ability to find all yarn related things enjoyable. Kinda excited about that!

Birthday yarn from last year, finally finding its destiny and becoming a Lala's Simple Shawl. (I was aided and abetted here by Hilde--the beautiful wool/silk yarn in delicious mushroom pink--and this new podcast from Nicole at Coco Knits, who wore one and made me want one, too.)

Birthday yarn from this year, again from Hilde, who, it has suddenly become apparent, is the Yarn Fairy. When this showed up, I think I literally dropped whatever I was holding and cast on a sock. Watching those stripes develop is more interesting to me than you would believe.

It's still so cold, here and everywhere. What's up, April? It's nice inside though, beside the fire, with all this beautiful yarn all around me, and so many things to do with it. I feel my creative mind kind of bursting. I love that.

 

18 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have all that yarn around for so many possibilities. It's a little chilly in the mornings here still. The heater still kicks in to take the chills away until the sun warms things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having hail showers in Shropshire, Middle England right now. Happy days. Cat dog looks snug. Wish I was crocheting. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you weren't anon - I live in Shropshire too!

      Delete
    2. Hello Jo (from Shropshire). I'll find your blog and leave you a message on there...... Rebecca (also in Shropshire) x

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful explosion of colour in the first photo with so many possibilities. What could be nicer than sitting in that beautiful rocker by a fire with all that wonderful yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is good to get it all out every now and again. I have hardly any yarn left but my fabric cupboard is bulging right now with small off cuts from my own projects - I will have to make the little ones something. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Goodness! So much yarn. I would be in a VERY happy place with all of that beauty surrounding me. I love the stripy socks and your shawl too. We have a sunny warm day, then a cool cloudy one but I am going to be harvesting some rhubarb today so spring must be officially sprung!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous explosion of colour! and Catdog is so sweet (is she always asleep?!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that sock! And the sun in the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that beautiful yarn is making me a bit woozy. Great projects you have going on here, especially that shawl. I am obsessed with knitting podcasts lately, barely sewing on my quilts, just glued to the computer and learning so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cold here in Norfolk in England, for April. Snow showers, hail showers, bitingly cold Arctic winds... but some sunshine, some blue sky to start the day. Cat-dog has the right idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! It is always such a pleasure to see your enchanting work!
    xxx
    Your Yarn Fairy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots going on in your world, I went yarn shopping today, can you believe I did not have enough worsted weight for a sweater?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't the sight of all that wool so enticing. Just gorgeous. Love all your projects. Staying cool here in Ottawa, Canada too but soon some warmth...hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The box of wool looks too good to use. Dear little catdog is such a snuggly bunny. I wonder how she will deal with summer. Will she curl up on the grass instead of the couch?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the box full of All The Colors evokes cheerful feeling of happiness. Soft light on pillows is mesmerizing to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This site can give great advantages to advertiser for a product promotion
    ___________
    bloom tattoos

    ReplyDelete