Friday, May 20, 2016

A Gigantic Wrap for Spring

 

It just may finally be too warm to wear this, but that is never guaranteed. This is Stephen West's Boneyard Shawl, knit in Malabrigo Rios (three skeins) in a beautifully stormy colorway that just seems like spring. I love a giant, shoulder-draping, fully neck-encasing wrap in all seasons, really. It it something that can totally transform whatever you're wearing. A wrap like this can turn a plain gray pullover into an outfit, and it warms and comforts, both in the wearing, and in the knitting of it, too. There is much to love here.

Look at that green, green grass. Oh, my happy bare feet.

 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I have just recently learned about Steven West. I know, I know. Where have I been? I love the color way you've chosen. So gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It looks so comfy and snuggly. And could be good for wrapping around the shoulders if it got chilly. And the colors are just perfect! I can't wait to have time to make things like this again, free time with a 1 year old is tough. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous, well done Kristen!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shawl. Looks like something I could make too :)
    Thanks for sharing and love the picture of you and your precious pooch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!!! Love the yarn and how it looks on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours and its beautiful drape. Gorgeous dog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your knitting patience always makes for a sizeable cosy shawl, mine are always a bit skimpy through impatience - looking and learning lady! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen, the yarn and color you chose for this shawl are perfectly lovely. I so like mysterious sorts of colors that you cannot pin down as just one shade.

    Lady With Dog on Green Lawn is a beautiful picture. Bravo to the photographer and to the subjects. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy that I found your blog. You had a really wonderful site. Thank you for sharing this steps and information to us. It is really a big help.

    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete