Thursday, June 23, 2016

Alpaca for a summer day

 

Apparently, while I was away having an open mouthed love affair, complete with happy sobbing, with San Francisco, summer came and went here in my neighborhood. It was hotter than a mummy's tomb for about a day and a half, and that was it, and now it's chilly again. Hi, New York! I'm trying so hard to love you! Don't make it such a project! Which means I can wear this alpaca sweater I thought I was folding neatly and tucking away for some time maybe in October.

This is Friday Anew by Ankestrike, knitted in Berocco Ultra Alpaca Light, in the beautifully named colorway "Moonshadow"--there's your ear worm for the day, Cat Stevens fans--I can't even tell you what a pleasure it was to have that lovely soft yarn in my lap and on my needles, and now on my goosebumply body, too, in this freezing and fall-like summer we're having. It's the best sort of cozy sweatshirt I ever had. This pattern starts at the neck hole and makes you use your brain really hard for the first few inches, but then the sleeves and body are plain and soothing and go on forever, which is great fun for me. So much more to come from me with this designer.

It's got a few simple details, and a really excellent fit. Perfect. But I don't want to wear this anymore right now! Come on, summer, let's get it together.

13 comments:

  1. This sweater is beautiful and I hope you took it to SF where it's usually cool and windy. Every time I've been there in the summer I end up buying a fleece because of the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one gorgeous sweater. The fit is splendid and I love the subtle detail work. Send some coolness to the Hudson Valley where we have high humidity that even the river cannot chase off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've only had a couple of days of summer, perhaps when it has advanced a bit, there might be the expected hotter weather?
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful sweater. It's cool here today too but supposed to be 90 by early next week. I prefer these cool days myself.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a beautiful sweater and the perfect fit. The weather has gone haywire worldwide, we are having rain and more rain with a little sun and then back to cold and wind not summer at all. (East Coast of England)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! What size did you make and how many balls of berocco did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved hearing about your SF visit....magical place for sure. The sweater is lovely but making me sweat. It is 99 in Tallahassee today. There must be some happy medium between Tally. and Rochester........maybe SF?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweater is gorgeous and looks bomb on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sweater is gorgeous and looks bomb on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous sweater! I wish our weather were cool enough for something like that. It's so hot and sticky that that sweater would probably felt on your body if you were modeling it in my backyard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite color, it looks terrific on you. Hope it warms up, come to Florida you will run away sobbing it is so freaking hot here.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a beautiful sweater and the wearer both, looks lovely on you!! You do such neat precise work. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh I really like this one, with that subtle detail going down the front and on the sleeves. The fit is very flattering. Since its going to be 103 here tomorrow, a tank top and shorts is on the menu. Wish I could send you some of our heatwave.

    ReplyDelete