Thursday, July 28, 2016

Green

We have established, I think, that I like gray.

And black, and brown, and oatmeal, and all the neutrals, really.

So what the heck is up with this chartreuse pullover?

I asked myself the same question. As you know, unless I am working with gray, I am virtually always riddled with doubts. [Holy cow, this yarn--Malabrigo Worsted, in "Lettuce"--is really pretty green. Quite green. Awfully green. I mean, whoa...it looks like guacamole. It looks like grass clippings. Can a person wear this color, really?]. Knit on and on, enjoying the simplicity of the plain rounds, the supreme softness of the Malabrigo. Snuggle it. Worry about it. Love it in theory, in the skein and in the wound-up ball. Periodically hold it up next to face beside mirror. [Will people ask me if I'm feeling okay?].

I asked a friend what color she thought this was. She said, "Umm." I said, "The label says 'Lettuce'." She said, "Hmm."

Maybe it's the magical soft summer light, or maybe it's Doc's crazy photography skills, or maybe I was right in my uncharacteristic boldness when I chose this yarn, but heck yeah. I am feeling fine.

Pattern: Mediumweight Pullover by Hannah Fettig.

24 comments:

  1. I think green is a neutral. Think grass, trees, moss. All perfect foils for everything around them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is lovely. The color makes me think of summer or even spring with its new growth. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever!!! It really looks good and wait for it. IT SUITS YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweater, green or not, rocks! Don't over think it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green is one of my favourite colours to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous!! Fits you perfectly too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, this newest sweater is a beauty and the green hue really does look quite lovely on you. Compliments to the photographer, of course.

    I'll bet that yarn has a wonderful texture, too. I admire your ability to keep the woolen knitting going during the depths of July.

    Anything I can manage to get my double points clicking on now has definitely got December as its destination.

    Summer in NYC .. oh my! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful jumper, beautiful colour. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it - such a fresh pretty green.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the colour looks great on you! lovely jumper
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a super cute sweater and I absolutely love that color (by itself and on you!)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually love the colour and thinks it suits your complexion. A great jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. But this green is not that green; it's an oatmeal kind of green. Lovely jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you look marvelous!!! I have the same hair colour as you and even a few tattoo's and I love this colour. I wear greens also but my colour palette will always include neutrals, earth tones I guess. I do like my blues too, but they have to be certain blues (to match my eyes *smile). I think the older we get, the more we like to experiment with different things and colours. Great choice! Make a matching one for Catdog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. VERY nice sweater, which looks wonderful and fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fabulous sweater. lovin' the green!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with green being a neutral, afterall, all flowers of every known color, sit atop it and look beautiful doing it. Everyone has a green, and this one certainly is yours! You look magnificent in that color. Your knitting continues to astound me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it, but then green is my favourite colour. I would wear a pendant thingy to break it up but I really think it suits you. My eyes look green rather than blue when I wear green close to my face - strange but nice! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are looking fine too! I am not normally one for brights either but this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful!! Truly!!
    I share your love for gray, neutral colors and taupe but there is something about mustard yellow, some greens and a particular shade of eggplant I simply cannot resist!
    Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How beautiful!! Truly!!
    I share your love for gray, neutral colors and taupe but there is something about mustard yellow, some greens and a particular shade of eggplant I simply cannot resist!
    Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete