Monday, July 18, 2016

Sonoma Stole, finished

 

You guys, I can't even. Fringe! Stripes! All The Colors! I love this stole so much.

It was tremendously absorbing to work on, it used up (well, almost) a bunch of leftovers--I had a big pile of KnitPicks Palette leftover from my failed Milano--and, as you can see, it provided a lot of opportunity for color play, which, apart from long stretches of plain stockinette stitch and also The Monkees, is my favorite thing in the world.

This is the Sonoma Stole, designed by Carol Sunday, a ribbed, biasing, crescent-shaped wrap with the fringe built in as you go, which means that even with all those color changes, there are no ends to weave in. I know, right? That pattern, in the beginning, is a pretty good-sized brain teaser; you've got to keep a lot of different things straight all at once, but hoo! Worth it. I love all that fringe-y, stripey, wooly goodness. And I got the hang of it pretty quickly, and once that happened, I hardly worked on anything else.

Also, if there's something in my closet that it won't match, I don't know what it is.

 

Knitting as art again. I'm so interested in that right now. It's hot here today, though, too hot for a scarf, and here's hoping it stays that way. I'm happy to tuck this away for a good long time.

 

28 comments:

  1. That is the most beautiful stole, good work. You're right, that it's art...lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most beautiful stole, good work. You're right, that it's art...lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love, love, love this! The colors are so perfect together. Well done you...:) I'm off to investigate this pattern, lol..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you wear the things you make? I like to think you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a declared stripe enthusiast but you push me into a whole new level! Your stole is absolutely jaw dropping! I want it! I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous!!!!

    keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really really pretty. And so useful. I can see it in winter over a black turtleneck. is it rude of me to say I wasn't convinced when I saw it a couple of posts back? However look how it turned out...you have a gift for great and unexpected colour choices. Nice ink too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness that is gorgeous! And no ends to weave in? Perfection!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! It looks fabulous! Thanks for the pattern name - off to find it.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely lovely melange of colors, Kristen. That touch of pink really keeps the other tones on their toes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's absolutely beautiful! you always put colors together so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Can't wait to make it! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The one picture on IG wasn't enough! The fringe, the colors, all of it, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Always love the colors you work with. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great scarf! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your scarf. I'm going to look for that pattern now, it's gorgeous.The colours look wonderful.Always love your things you make and "pop" off to look at the links you provide. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is certainly an everything scarf. I love it. I have just started a crochet scarf with all my bits of sock leftovers because I couldn't face a blanket. crochet + scarf = fast! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A delicious creation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beauty!! ♥ Colors, fringes, shape... all fantastic. Great job, Kristen! Sunny greetings, Nata

    ReplyDelete
  20. Via My Sister's Knitter
    That is truly an amazing pattern. I love the way you make the fringe as you go along. I will be putting this one in my queue

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your flower tattoo!

    ReplyDelete