Tuesday, August 16, 2016

A computer sleeve and a dream

 

Almost everything I make is for me, mostly because I am aware that not everyone has the same enthusiasm for nifty little sewn doodads and stuff with buttons and things made out of scraps as I have. My enthusiasm runneth over, ya'll, and if I can make it myself, well, get out of my way, because I am dropping everything and crafting. However, and I know this will shock some of you--there are people out there who would rather...hold on to something, this is hard to hear...get stuff from a store. Well. NOT TODAY, FRIENDS. Not today.

The doctor asked me to make him something. Running through my head right now is a long list of the crafty stuff I have foisted upon this man over the years--the very first socks I ever knitted come to mind, which he didn't even laugh at, and which would have fit an elephant, and the vest I gave him for christmas that hung down to his knees like a weird tunic--and still, he showed me his fancy new laptop, which is thinner than a stick of gum and looks like a stiff wind would break it, and he asked me to sew him a sleeve for it, "like the one you made for yours" [Aw! He noticed something I made!] "only less flowery." I did, in an effort to have this thing look slightly more Pro, try and fail to install a zipper, and in the end he had to accept my usual button-closure treatment, but he did so graciously.

Look at the fabric he chose for the lining:

Skulls. It glows in the dark. There is so much to love about this guy.

10 comments:

  1. that is totally awesome. Good doctor. Mine is a miserable sod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, what a great detail that your husband chose for the sleeve. I was so sorry when linings seemed to vanish from so many clothing items. It was always fun to select something unexpected for the mostly unseen side of the dress. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Can I assume that the skulls came from your stash, which begs the question, "why did you have skulls in your stash?" Or, did you actually (gasp!) go to a fabric store? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! How sweet that he asked you to make it. Love all of the materials chosen, even the skulls.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful and even better that it was something that he requested. Great make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very smart looking cover...and then a peek at the skulls for an unexpected surprise. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes your heart swell when they let you know that really you are great but they just don't tell you. It happened to me once! Jo x

    ReplyDelete